Additional Steps to Stop the Spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19)

March 20 - April 14 campus will be closed to all students/visitors, and all events are canceled. Spring quarter will run April 20 - June 18, and instruction will be delivered online as much as possible. - Learn More.

Did you earn credits at another institution? Transfer them towards a degree or certificate at Lower Columbia College

To do so please complete a transcript evaluation form and submit your official transcripts. You must also apply for admission to Lower Columbia College (if you are not a current student). For assistance please contact us.

Transcript Evaluation Form

You must also:

  • Apply for Admission - skip if you are already a curent student.
  • Request Official Transcripts - mail or hand deliver in original sealed envelope to:

Lower Columbia College
Registrar/Transcript Evaluation
PO Box 3010
Longview, WA 98632

*Your official transcript is the college or university's certified statement of your academic record. The official paper transcript is printed on security sensitive paper and contains the official seal and signature of the college or university's registrar. Official transcripts are always sealed and unopened.

About Transcript Evaluation Process

Processing Timeline

Evaluations take place once all transcripts have been received. LCC accepts transfers courses with a grade of C- or better. Once LCC receives your *official transcripts they are the property of LCC and will not be returned or forwarded to any other institution. Turnaround times for evaluations are approximately 2-4 weeks after all transcripts have been received. During high volume periods, turnaround time may be slightly higher.

Transfer Credits

In general, Lower Columbia College only accepts credits earned at educational institutions accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies.

  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
  • Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA)
  • Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges Accrediting Commission for Senior College and Universities (WASC)
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
  • Higher Learning Commission

To find out if an educational institution is accredited by their regional accrediting association, you can use the accreditation database provided by the US Department of Education's Office of Postsecondary Education. Search for an institution by its name and find its accrediting agency.

Alternative Options for Earning or Transferring Credits

  • Advanced Placement
  • College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
  • Foreign Transcript Credits
  • International Baccalaureate Credit ((B)
  • Military Service

These options may require a different assessment before being awarded. Learn more about Alternative Options.


Contact Registration & Entry Services

Registration and Entry Services located in the Admissions Center. Make an appointment to discuss your future by calling the Entry Center at (360) 442-2311. Walk-ins welcome during regular business hours. Registration counters open at 10 am on Fridays.

  Entry Center

  (360) 442-2311

  Registration Office

  (360) 442-2370

Copyright 2018 Lower Columbia College | All Rights Reserved.